Charles J. Givens said, “Achieve success in any area of life by indentifying the optimum strategies and repeating them until they become habits.” This brings us to understanding the importance of forming habits when we start a new endeavor. Scientists suggest that it takes roughly 30 days to form a new habit and it is done through the practice of one day at a time. We do this by starting with small changes, allowing ourselves to focus on the task before us and keep it simple.
When I started my SENSA weight-loss program, it required very few changes that I needed to make. I was to sprinkle everything I eat expect liquids. Fortunately when Dr. Alan Hirsch designed SENSA, he understood that establishing a new habit would take time, practice and more than one shaker each month. I must admit it took me all of the 30 days to get in the habit of sprinkling consistently and remembering to leave one shaker at home and carrying the other one in my purse. By the end of the 30 days I felt that I had become successful with using SENSA. Another thing that helped me establish good habits with SENSA was joining the SENSA Community. I found accountability with like minded-people and the support to help me be successful on my SENSA Journey.
I also had a deep desire to achieve my weight-loss goal of 45 pounds. This in itself was a great motivation for me to stay focused and be consistent. I found the more I fell in love with the challenge of change the more I desired to watch myself grow into this new woman that I always knew lived inside.
Let’s lay out a workable 30 day plan for you to overcome your weight-loss challenges.
1. Your weight-loss plan takes commitment, dedication and work to be effective.
- Watch SENSA’s Weight-loss DVD
- Set your SENSA shakers in an area where you will not forget to use them and put one in your purse or pocket.
- Join the SENSA Community to talk to other SENSA users about their success and share in the support, encouragement and tips for your success.
2. Completing the 30 day plan gives you new established habits to continue on your weight-loss journey.
- Sprinkle everything you eat except liquids.
- Drink plenty of water to wash out the toxins and fats and to keep your body hydrated.
- Eat 4-5 meals a day to keep your metabolism running.
- Listen to your body when it signals “satiety” or fullness.”
- Continue practicing daily what you have learned until you reach your goal-weight.
3. All excuses for quitting or blame-shifting must be eliminated immediately.
- Focus on your weight-loss goal.
- Remember to do this for YOU.
- Remember to apply all the habits you have established for continued success.
- Face the changes you make with sincerity and an honest heart.
- Remember, the health experts say 1-2 pounds per week is healthy weight-loss.
- Take your measurements and weight and record the changes.
4. Find a friend/s or group to be accountable to on a regular basis.
- Tell him/her your weight-loss goals
- The habits you need to perform in order to be successful.
- Share your struggles and your accomplishment and be open to their feedback.
Paul Harvey said, “You can tell when you are on the road to success. It’s all uphill all the way.” Be patient on your new weight-loss journey with SENSA. Remember anything worthwhile is worth working for. The changes I made demonstrated to me two things. One, I was worth it and two it was worth the price I had to pay for my progress. I have become a “better me.” What about you, do you have 30 days to get started forming life-long habits to make a better you?