Now that the seasons are changing and winter is drawing near, it is the optimal time to keep motivated and to maintain your Sensa diet plan and manage your weight loss. Comfort food is always around and usually packs hidden calories that can hinder ones program so I decided to put a spin on comfort food as most people know it. Healthy alterations and side dishes show a new perspective on classic meatloaf and provide a gourmet twist.
The Mexican Meatloaf recipe that I have provided takes minutes to prepare and it allows plenty of time for a workout either before or after. The Mexican meatloaf recipe is full of flavor and pairs well with steamed vegetables, cous-cous or any lowfat grain in contrast to the customary side of mashed potatoes. Taste this simple dish yourself and you will wonder why you haven’t experienced it before. Sprinkle away, a flavor medley awaits.
Yeild: 2 large loaves or 1 large and 4 small loaves
2 pounds of ground meat(15%-20% fat)
1 cup, saltine crackers, crushed
2 eggs, whisked
1 cup(8oz) of sour cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup(4oz can) chopped green chilies
1 Tbsp Chipotle Chili in Adobo sauce, chopped(optional)
2 scallions(green onions)cut into thin slices
3-4 drops of Tabasco sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. In a mixing bowl mix together eggs, sour cream, chilies, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Once all is incorporated add the crushed crackers and mix until all is combined.
3. Mix in the ground meat.
4. Divide mixture into loaf pans or form into small balls or any desired shape.
5. Place pans or shapes on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-45 depending on size. Adjust cooking time for 1 large loaf.
6. Remove from oven, let it rest for 10 minutes, drain excess fat.
7. Place on a platter and serve with side dishes mentioned above
More recipes for the Sprinkle diet will be here before you know it. Eat and sprinkle SENSAbly
-The SENSAble chef