It’s National Nutrition Month! What better way to spark up some nutritional conversation than to talk about the most important meal of the day…Breakfast!
How do you like your eggs at breakfast? Scrambled? Sunny-side-up? As a quiche? Omlette? How about baked golden, inside an avocado?! This easy to make breakfast has many health benefits to give your weight loss goals a kick in the behind.
Avocados have the following benefits:
- The oleic acid and monosaturated fat lowers cholesterol.
- The high amounts of lutein, zeaxanthin, and antioxidants improve your vision.
- Potassium and folate helps regulate blood pressure and can prevent heart disease.
- The antioxidants in avocados can also prevent cancers such as oral cancer and prostate cancer. The oleic acid offers protection against breast cancer.
- Avocados also help absorb other nutrients from your salad or other vegetable based meal into your body.
Find out about even more health benefits of avocado.
Eggs are egg-ceptional! They are packed with carbohydrates, protein, fat, and micronutrients. Here’s how eggs can benefits your health:
- They are a good source of choline, a key nutrient to boost brain health, and reduce inflammation. Pregnant women also need high amounts of choline- it is necessary for brain and memory development in the fetus.(Interesting Fact: more than 90% of American’s are choline deficient.)
- The protein in the yolk inhibits clot formation.
- They have a high amount of lutein which can help prevent loss of vision.
Find out about even more health benefits of eggs.
We came across this delicious recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked so yummy! Here’s how you can combine these super foods into a delicious meal to start your day! Hope you like!
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings (suggestions: parmesan, oregano, bacon, chilli flakes, etc.)
- Aluminum foil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- Cut the avocado in half and take out the pit. Enlarge the pit by scooping some avocado from the edges. (Tip: throw the avocado into your salad for lunch!)
- Create a bowl from the aluminum foil and place the avocado in it.
- Crack the egg into the pit of the avocado. It’s normal for the egg to over-flow onto the top of the avocado.
- Season to taste with toppings, salt and pepper.
- Bake for fifteen minutes (whites of the egg will be cooked thoroughly) and until desired texture.
Check out more recipes using these two super foods!
Bon Appetit Sprinklers!