When I heard about SENSA, I thought, right just sprinkle your food and shake the pounds away! Now I had been through many diets and this one seemed too good and easy to be true. But I was desperate and the science behind SENSA made me curious enough to try it. So with that, I went ahead and bought the SENSA 6 month weight-loss program.
Starting the program made me aware of several things:
- I ate way too much. I would have told you that I was not a big eater. It was only when I was instructed to sprinkle everything I eat except liquids that I discovered that I was living out a lie and my body was proving it through the ongoing weight-gain. A statement that Dr. Hirsch made in his infomercial that caught my ear was, it is not what we eat but how much we eat. Little did I know how true that was of me until I started sprinkling.
- I was not in tune with my body’s full signal. I had been raised in a home that valued the importance of eating everything on your plate whether you were full or not! SENSA gave me the ability to stop eating before I finished eating everything on my plate because SENSA was designed to work with your sense of smell and the food you eat to help trigger Sensory Specific Satiety. The scientific principle behind SENSA is remarkably simple. As you eat, smell and taste receptors send messages to your brain which release hormones that tell your body it’s time to stop eating. This is a phenomenon Dr. Hirsch calls Sensory Specific Satiety.
- My eating habits were not conducive for healthy living. SENSA advertizes that we do not have to change what we eat. I put SENSA to the test and sprinkled everything I was eating. To my surprise, I found that I did not have to change what I ate but with one sprinkle at a time SENSA changed me. I stopped desiring foods that were unhealthy for me and began to eat a very nutritional diet.
- The weight I had gained was not coming off over-night. I had put on 45 pounds and was wearing a size 14 pants. This was very disturbing to me as well as depressing. Giving my body an opportunity to adjust to a new weight-loss product was going to take time and effort on my part. It took seven months to change my life, one sprinkle at a time, on everything I ate. I went from 175 pounds to 130 pounds and a size 14 to a 4.
- New habits take time to form. I found that unless I made a concerted effort to put SENSA in my purse or in-sight, sprinkling on everything I ate except liquids, forming the new habit was not going to happen. I found myself putting up sticky notes, setting the product on the table or on my plate to remind myself to use it. Becoming consistent with SENSA is what gave me my success.
- Listening to what I believed was right for me. Before hearing about SENSA, I was saying to myself repeatedly, something needs to come on the market that is safe, effective and easy to use. When I made the decision to try this product it was met with criticism and doubters. Making anything new work means I had to do this for me and no one else and then stick to it.
- Not doing this journey on my own. I had spent most of my life trying to take on challenges or new adventures by myself. I decided after reading the literature and listening to the DVD, I would join the SENSA Community. It is here that I found like-minded people, ready to make SENSA and the changes that followed a part of their thinking and behavior. The interdependency has created for me a healthy and strong foundation to work the SENSA Program with success.
Raymond Lindquist’s statement really resonates with me, “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” Rigidity is an area that seeps in and takes root from fear of failure and placing our trust in others and being hurt or having the need to be in control. For one to have the courage to go into unfamiliar territory can be tough, but certainly not impossible. It requires a shift in ones perspective and a flexibility to stay on task, stay in the moment and be ready to cope with the changes and challenges before us. SENSA has changed my life one sprinkle at a time. I hope you too will be willing to examine the areas that hold you back and be willing and determined to let nothing stop you on your journey with SENSA. Keep Sprinkling!